Most people have been in a canoe at one time or another. For that reason, it is a common misconception that there is nothing to know about how to paddle a canoe. This is unfortunate as proper technique can lead to less soreness and more efficient handling of a canoe on the water. This section is designed to help you with those overlooked, yet essential, details of paddling a canoe.
Everyone knows that you need a paddle to go canoeing. But what else is needed? And not only what else is needed, but how do you pick out all of that equipment? These articles will help you on your way to your next canoe or canoe equipment purchase.
- Essential Canoe Equipment
- 10 Safety Items to Have and Wear While Canoeing
- Canoe Gear Storage Tips
- Gear to Bring on an Overnight Canoe Trip
- Overnight Canoe Trip Gear Checklist
- How to Put On a PFD
- How to Pack a Rope Bag
- Anatomy of a Whitewater Helmet
- Olympic Canoe/Kayak Gear and Competition
There is so much to enjoy about the sport of canoeing besides the actual paddling of a canoe. Sure, people paddle canoes for relaxation or exerciase but what other reasons do people go canoeing? These articles will help you enjoy the other aspects of the sport of canoeing that are there for you to take part in and enjoy.
- Just for Fun - 10 Reasons Canoes are Better
- The Top 5 Tips for Canoeists
- All about Canoe Festivals
- Canoe Festival and Event Calendar